If your university is in EMEA (Europe, Middle East or Africa), please see here for 2012 grant guidelines.
For all other regions (US, Canada, China, and Australia), please note the following:
We'd like all 2012 CS4HS applicants to be 'workshop' oriented. This means that all
projects or programs should involve an event (or series of events) geared towards
spreading CS educational methods, ideas and advice to teachers, students or other
Here are some things we learned from past workshops.
- Typical workshops run 2-3 days, from approximately 8:30am - 6pm, including
breakfast and lunch, sometimes dinner.
- It is a long day for participants, make sure to set expectations early, have an
appropriate number of breaks (this is also a great way for people to network). Having a
printed copy of the workshop schedule in addition to an online version helped many
- Participants particularly liked our break out sessions and hands on sessions, as
opposed to strict lecture style presentation.
- Some workshops included separate tracks for teachers with more or less programming
- Having a variety of teachers, including university faculty, students and high
school teachers present materials was appreciated.
- Time for participants to socialize and create lasting relationships is crucial.
Please read the specific guidelines on: