CS4HS is a launch pad for many participants to both further their CS education and
pedagogy as well as network with other CS teachers in their area. Here are some ideas
to keep the momentum going.
- All CS4HS workshops are required to have a workshop survey, and to report this
information back to us. For the best results, we recommend doing this on the last day
of the workshop. Here is our
sample survey. You can use any survey collection format you prefer, but we
recommend that you copy this survey and add any additional questions that are
applicable to your workshop.
- Many CS4HS workshops have created a new local CSTA chapter. This is a great way
for participants to keep in touch throughout the year.
- Setting up a Google Group for your
participants, even before the workshop begins, is also a great way to keep people
- Some organizers have put together midyear "reunions" for participants, which is a
great way to introduce new material.
- All workshops are encouraged to follow up with teachers at the end of their school
year, to see the impact CS4HS has had on their teaching.